Tuesday, June 12, 2012
helpless
Right now I feel pretty helpless about this whole weight loss thing. I joined WW two weeks ago, and I've actually gained weight... But I don't think it is related to WW. It's more that things have been stressful at work AND home, and changes in my meds are having negative side effects. For example, I've been having mood swings and a strong desire to medicate with food when I swing low (ex: right now I want nothing more than to cry into a burrito).
Some days are better than others, but nights are pretty much always bad for a different reason. The medicine that helps me sleep also turns me into a carb zombie, and I stumble into the kitchen to consume cereal and sandwiches galore... and I am only partially conscious. The next morning I wake up and see the destruction, and I get so mad that any good day on WW is ruined by my nighttime binges!!
I emailed my doctor and he suggested some changes to the time I take my medicine, but I think something bigger needs to happen before I run my car off the road into a pizza shop, with my mouth wide open.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm prayin' for ya V. Is the carb zombie thing the only thing that's making nights difficult or are there other things going on on top of it? It sounds stress related :-( If you need to talk please feel free to call - any time of night or day is fine!
ReplyDeleteRemember, you are strong and resilient and honestly that doesn't even matter because you have God on your side and you know He wants to help you succeed.